Back to Provider List
Omer Ibrahim, MD FAAD | Board-Certified Dermatologist
Omer Ibrahim, MD FAAD
Omer Ibrahim, MD FAAD is a board-certified, fellowship trained Dermatologist who joins us after completing a prestigious fellowship in cosmetic, laser and dermatologic surgery at SkinCare Physicians in Boston, with clinical faculty from the Harvard, Yale, and Brown Departments of Dermatology.
Dr. Ibrahim completed his medical education at Yale University School of Medicine where he graduated with honors, after which he went on to complete his dermatology residency at Cleveland Clinic where he served as Chief Resident during his final year. There he trained with Dr. Wilma Fowler Bergfeld, who is one of the nation’s top experts on hair loss. Dr. Ibrahim completed his undergraduate training at the University of Cincinnati, graduating summa cum laude with dual degrees in Spanish and Chemistry.
Dr. Ibrahim has published numerous peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, and editorials on general, surgical and cosmetic dermatology. He has participated in numerous research trials covering topics ranging from hair loss to innovative laser anti-aging treatments. In addition, he has presented his work and research at national and international meetings. Dr. Ibrahim serves as adjunct faculty at Cleveland Clinic where he teaches residents the fundamentals of cosmetic dermatology. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, and an active member of the American Academy of Dermatology, Women’s Dermatology Society, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, and American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.
Dr. Ibrahim will focus his practice on both general and cosmetic dermatology, while placing a strong emphasis on patient education and mapping comprehensive treatment plans for each individual patient. Alongside his extensive research and expertise in the field of hair loss, Dr. Ibrahim will also be running a Tuesday morning hair loss clinic. He also specializes in injectables, such as Botox, Dysport, Juvederm, Restylane, Sculptra, and Radiesse, and all laser procedures for red blood vessels, brown spots, and laser resurfacing.
Dr. Ibrahim looks forward to calling Chicago home, and enjoys traveling, attending concerts and live shows, and working out in preparation to dine out.
- Ibrahim, O, Dover, J. Fundamentals in Laser and Light-Based Treatments. In: Orringer, J. Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology, 9th edition – NY: McGraw Hill Medial – in press
- Ibrahim, O, Saedi, N, Arndt, K, Dover, J. The History of Scars. In: Dover, J, Arndt, K. Scars. – in press
- Ibrahim, O, Alam, M. Liposuction for Axillary Hyperhidrosis: reconciling data and opinion. In: Liposuction. – in press
- Ibrahim, O, Haimovic, A, Dover, J. Combinations. In: Carruthers, J, Carruthers, A. Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology: Soft Tissue Augmentation. NY: Elsevier; 2017: 227-232
- Ibrahim, O, Ibrahim, SF. Skin Laxity: Anatomy, Etiology, and Treatment Indications. In: Orringer, J, Dover J, Alam, M. Body Shaping: Skin, Fat, Cellulite. NY: Elsevier; 2015: 1-6.
- Ibrahim, O., Bolotin, D., Alam, M. Aging and the Skin. In: Zoe Draelos. Lifestyle Medicine 2nd Edition. NY: CRC Press; 2013
- Kyei, A, Ibrahim, O. Sarcoidosis. In: Dermatology & Plastic Surgery Outcomes. OH: Cleveland Clinic Publications; 2012
- Kyei, A, Ibrahim, O. Pigmentary Disorders in African Americans. Cleveland Clinic Disease Management Project. OH: Cleveland Clinic Publications; 2012 Original peer-reviewed articles:
- Ibrahim O, Overman J, Arndt KA, Dover JS. Filler Nodules: Inflammatory or Infectious? A Review of Biofilms and Their Implications on Clinical Practice. Dermatol Surg. 2017 May 22.
- Ibrahim O, Bayart CB, Hogan S, Piliang M, Bergfeld WF. Treatment of Alopecia Areata With Tofacitinib. JAMA Dermatol. 2017 Mar 29.
- Ibrahim O, Syed UM, Tomecki KJ. Bedbugs: Helping your patient through an infestation. Cleve Clin J Med. 2017 Mar;84(3):207-11.
- Mohammad AA, Wu SZ, Ibrahim O, Bena J, Rizk M, Piliang M, et al. Prevalence of atopic comorbidities in eosinophilic esophagitis: A case-control study of 449 patients. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017 Mar;76(3):559-60.
- Ibrahim O, Arndt KA, Dover JS. Superficial Electrosurgery: To Numb or Not to Numb? Dermatol Surg. 2017 Feb 1.
- Saed S, Ibrahim O, Bergfeld WF. Hair camouflage: a comprehensive review. International Journal of Women’s Dermatology. 2016; 2(4)
- Ibrahim O, Bergfeld WF, Piliang M. Eosinophilic Esophagitis: Another Atopy-Related Alopecia Areata Trigger? The Journal of Investigative Dermatology. Symposium Proceedings / the Society for Investigative Dermatology, Inc. [and] European Society for Dermatological Research. 2015; 17 (2) : 58-60.
- Ibrahim O, Doumit J, Zhang A. Successful Treatment of Idiopathic Onychodystrophy With 300 Microsecond 1064 nm Nd:YAG Laser. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology : JDD. 20151; 14 (7) : 750-752.
- Ibrahim O, Amah L, Mace SE. Corneal opacities in a man with chronic kidney disease. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. 2015; 82 (6): 339-340.
- Ibrahim, O, Keller, EC, Arndt, KA. Update on the use of neurotoxins in aesthetic dermatology. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2014 December;33(4):151.
- Ibrahim O, Khan M, Bolotin D, Dubina M, Nodzenski M, Disphanurat W, et al. Treatment of keratosis pilaris with 810-nm diode laser: Randomized clinical trial. JAMA Dermatol. 2014 Nov 5.
- Ibrahim, O, Bunick, CG, Srivastava, B, Lazova, R, Ko, C, Watsky, KL. The role of infliximab in the treatment of superficial granulomatous pyoderma of the head and neck. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014 Nov;71(5):e222-e225
- Alam M, Kakar R, Nodzenski M, Ibrahim O, Disphanurat W, Bolotin D, et al. Multicenter prospective cohort study of the incidence of adverse events associated with cosmetic dermatologic procedures: Lasers, energy devices, and injectable neurotoxins and fillers. JAMA Dermatol. 2014 Nov 5.
- Ibrahim O, Gastman B, Zhang A. Advances in diagnosis and treatment of nonmelanoma skin cancer. Ann Plast Surg. 2014 Nov;73(5):615-9.
- Bunick CG, King BA, Ibrahim O. When erythema ab igne warrants an evaluation for internal malignancy. Int J Dermatol. 2014 Jul;53(7):e353-5.
- Kakar R, Ibrahim O, Disphanurat W, Pace N, West DP, Kwasny M, et al. Pain in naive and non-naive subjects undergoing nonablative skin tightening dermatologic procedures: A nested randomized control trial. Dermatol Surg. 2014 Apr;40(4):398-404.
- Ibrahim O, Alam M. Liposuction for axillary hyperhidrosis: Reconciling trial results and expert opinion. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014 Feb;70(2):384.
- Alam M, Ibrahim O, Nodzenski M, Strasswimmer JM, Jiang SI, Cohen JL, et al. Adverse events associated with mohs micrographic surgery: Multicenter prospective cohort study of 20,821 cases at 23 centers. JAMA Dermatol. 2013 Dec;149(12):1378-85.
- Stavert R, Bunick CG, Modi B, Robinson DM, Ibrahim O, Knopp E, et al. Vegetative plaques and hemorrhagic pustules. iododerma. JAMA Dermatol. 2013 Oct;149(10):1231-2.
- Alam M, Shah AD, Ali S, Rauf M, Nodzenski M, Ibrahim O, et al. Floaters in mohs micrographic surgery. Dermatol Surg. 2013 Sep;39(9):1317-22.
- Ibrahim O, Kakar R, Bolotin D, Nodzenski M, Disphanurat W, Pace N, et al. The comparative effectiveness of suction-curettage and onabotulinumtoxin-A injections for the treatment of primary focal axillary hyperhidrosis: A randomized control trial. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Jul;69(1):88-95.
- Fahrenbach EN, Qi C, Ibrahim O, Kim JY, Alam M. Resistance of acellular dermal matrix materials to microbial penetration. JAMA Dermatol. 2013 May;149(5):571-5.
- Bunick CG, Mariwalla K, Ibrahim O, Modi B, Imaeda S, McNiff JM. Expanding the histologic findings in smallpox-related post-vaccinial non-viral folliculitis. J Cutan Pathol. 2013 Mar;40(3):305-9.
- Hoesly FJ, Borovicka J, Gordon J, Nardone B, Holbrook JS, Pace N, Ibrahim, O, Kakar, R et al. Safety of a novel microneedle device applied to facial skin: A subject- and rater-blinded, sham-controlled, randomized trial. Arch Dermatol. 2012 Jun;148(6):711-7.
- 2017 Acoustic-wave device-assisted laser tattoo removal delivering up to 90% clearing. Presented at the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Annual Conference; San Diego, CA; April 9th, 2017
- 2017 Are picosecond lasers really better than nanosecond lasers? Presented at the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Annual Conference; San Diego, CA; April 6th, 2017
- 2016 Treatment of moderate to severe alopecia areata with the oral janus kinase inhibitor, tofacitinib: the Cleveland Clinic experience. Presented at the Winter Clinical Dermatology Conference; Kauai, HI. 01/15/2016
- 2015 Treatment of moderate to severe alopecia areata with the oral janus kinase inhibitor, tofacitinib: the Cleveland Clinic experience. Presented at World Congress of Hair Research; Miami, Fl. 11/20/2015
- 2015 Treatment of Keratosis Pilaris with 810-nm Diode Laser. Presented at World Congress of Dermatology; Vancouver, BC, Canada. 06/11/2015.
- 2015 Intravascular large B-cell lymphoma: a rare and devastating condition diagnosed by skin biopsy. Presented at American Academy of Dermatology Conference; San Francisco, CA. 03/20/2015
- 2014 Scleredema diabeticorum. Presented at Cleveland Dermatologic Society Spring Meeting, Cleveland, OH. 05/29/2014.
- Eosinophilic cellulitis. Presented at Cleveland Dermatologic Society Spring Meeting, Cleveland, OH. 05/29/2014.
- Successful treatment of onychodystrophy with a 300 microsecond 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser. Presented at American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery; Phoenix, AZ. 04/05/2014.
- Treatment of keratosis pilaris with 810 nm diode laser: a randomized controlled trial. Presented at American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery; Phoenix, AZ. 04/04/2014.
- Neutrophilic Sebaceous Adenitis: A Rare and Polymorphic Condition. Presented at American Academy of Dermatology Conference; Denver, CO. 03/21/2014.
- 2013 The comparative effectiveness of suction-curettage and onabotulinumtoxin-A injections for the treatment of primary focal axillary hyperhidrosis: A randomized control trial. Presented at American Academy of Dermatology Conference; Miami, Fl. 03/04/2013.
- 10/2017 SkinCare Physicians Fellowship Procedural Dermatology
- 6/2016 Cleveland Clinic Foundation Residency Dermatology
- 5/2012 Yale University School of Medicine MD Medicine
- 6/2007 University of Cincinnati BS Chemistry
- 6/2007 University of Cincinnati BA Spanish
- Sep 2016 Diplomate, Board Certified Dermatologist
- May 2016 - Present Massachusetts State Medical License
- May 2017 – Present Illinois State Medical License